WE ARE HIRING!
We are hiring for a Country Head of Supply Chain to join our ShenZhen, China Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Country Head of Supply Chain, you’ll be responsible for all departments in our China office including New Product Development, Design, Logistics, Quality Control, and Production. You’ll report directly to the VP of Operations and work closely with our technology team to ensure that our other global offices are receiving necessary support. This role will be KPI’d on factory onboarding, on-time delivery, and product quality.
You have experience in manufacturing or processing heavy businesses such as logistics, call centers, etc. You are fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create processes to ensure high quality factories are on-boarded to our platform
- Ensure that the top factories are on our platform and constantly look for new factories to on-board
- Negotiate long-term pricing contracts with factories
- Manage network of factories to ensure on-time delivery, and quality requirements
- Maintain detailed training guides for each product category that The/Studio manufactures
- Ensure clarity across the organization of our production capabilities and requirements
- Work with quality control team and factory to ensure best in class quality
- Set and maintain detailed standard operating procedures throughout the China office including how factories are on-boarded, how factories are KPI’d, how samples are stored, etc
- Work with technology team to build new product features to support China office and global factories
- Create standard operating and input procedures for all of The/Studio’s global offices to ensure smooth and stable production when working with the China office
- Work with shipping team to ensure that products are properly packaged and most efficient and cost-effective shipping methods are used
- Ensure that factories are constantly improving their turnaround time and quality standards
- Negotiating best prices with factory suppliers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years experience in operations/supply chain management/manufacturing
- Fluent in English & Mandarin required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Mandarin
- Experience in manufacturing or process heavy businesses (preferred experience in Fashion Apparel and Accessories manufacturing)
- Independent critical thinker – you are always thinking of how we can improve results
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain operations
- Experience working with software companies preferred
- Proven track record of driving results
LOCATION: ShenZhen, China
We are building a company that could be equivalent in scale and relevance to Amazon. Sounds like an exaggeration — but let us explain:
Amazon (and e-commerce in general) have completely disrupted the "last mile" — from ordering products easily to getting those products delivered to your door. But the "first mile" in the supply chain, where the product is actually produced, hasn’t changed in over a hundred years. In spite of that, its value of this market is immense and only keeps growing. Fashion / apparel manufacturing alone is a $1.2 trillion industry.
We've built an on-demand manufacturing platform (manufacturing-as-a-service) that meets the needs of the 21st century economy. We bootstrapped our way to a $15M run rate and just closed a $11M Series A with a top-tier Silicon Valley VC. We believe we can create enormous value and literally change the world by making fast-turn, low volume manufacturing accessible to everyone.